Global Terra Madre Day: Oct 23-27, 2014 (Turin, Italy)
The 2014 edition of the international meeting of food communities Terra Madre and Salone del Gusto will be held in Turin, Italy from October 23rd to 27th. The bi-annual event celebrating, enriching, and supporting a worldwide network that promotes the principles of good, clean and fair will feature food and cultures from around the world and bring together a diverse group of small-scale farmers, producers and artisans.
Watch the official video trailer for the 2014 Terra Madre / Salone del Gusto here.
The number of delegates* (please see the notes at the bottom) allocated to Canada by Slow Food International is roughly the same as the last meeting. In 2012, there were 62 Canadian delegates.
One of the goals at Terra Madre is to showcase an array of international food products, cultures and traditions, as well as the impressive men and women who grow our and care for our food.
The main considerations that Slow Food International has suggested for eligible candidates are those Slow Food MEMBERS who:
· pro-actively supporting our network
· have not previously participated in Terra Madre as a delegate
· represent food communities whose products are included in the Ark of Taste and Presidia
· will exhibit in the SF Canada booth
If you are interested in attending Terra Madre and Salone del Gusto this October please contact Slow Food Thompson Okanagan President Ingrid Jarrett for information immediately.
Slow Food International provides delegates with a Terra Madre delegate badge, entitling you to free:
· daily entry to all aspects of Terra Madre and Salone del Gusto
· housing from the evening of October 23 through the evening of October 27.
· meals at the hotel/canteen during the event from October 23 to October 27.
· shuttle upon arrival/departure between airport and the event venue and/or housing, and daily between housing and event location. Please note that transportation between housing and airport will only be provided if Slow Food receives flight information by mid-July.
*All Slow Food individual members are welcome to attend the event, and individuals who do not attend as delegates can attend by purchasing a ticket and arranging their own travel, housing, and food and are encouraged to attend the many discussions and workshops available.