MARKET OF TASTE 2015 – SUNDAY, MAY 24, 2015 – 12 PM TO 4 PM
DAVISON ORCHARDS, VERNON
Please join us, Davison Orchards and Slow Food Thompson Okanagan (SFTO), for the 3rd annual Market of Taste, and the first time this exciting event is being held in the North Okanagan. The Slow Food Movement is gaining momentum in our region because it’s a lifestyle many of us have been practicing for years! The success we experienced at our last two markets has prompted us to repeat the Slow Food Market of Taste in 2015.The Market of Taste will showcase products that reflect the Slow Food mantra – that they are “good, clean, fair,” that they taste good, that they are grown and/or produced cleanly, that the farmer is paid fairly and that they are indicative of our region. The event will bring together artisan producers to create an impressive marketplace for the consumer.The Market of Taste will take place SUNDAY, MAY 24, at Davison Orchards in Vernon from 12 pm until 4 pm. This location offers a beautiful location overlooking the Okanagan Valley and is an ideal location for the tasting, talking and purchasing that happens at a Slow Food Market of Taste.
Regional supporters of Slow Food and the general public will be attending free of charge. Based on past experience, we anticipate a minimum of 400 to 600 guests will come through the market.
Vendor Application: Market of Taste
Attention Food Artisans: Please fill up the application below or (dowload PDF file) 2015 Market of Taste application
If you know of other local producers that you think might be a good fit, please feel free to pass along the information.
Let us know if you have any questions. We hope you can join us!
- Market of Taste Invitation & Application Below, please find some guidelines to help you have a successful day:
- A huge component of the Market is tasting. Please be prepared to sample your product
- Visual impact is important. Please have your product displayed in a tasteful way
- You or a representative must be in attendance during the hours the market is open
- Your business and link to your business will be profiled by Davison Orchards and SFTO
- You are encouraged to sell your product! Be prepared with the tools to do so
- Set up and load is scheduled for 10:30am. We request that no break-down begin until 4:00pm
- Please provide a brief description of your product, all products will be vetted through slow food protocols for compliance (i.e. good, clean, fair)
- Limited space is available. Applications will be processed in order of reply
- You are encouraged to help promote the event on your website, social media and any marketing campaigns Cost per table space is twenty dollars ($20)